Where to apply for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms in Southwestern Pennsyvania?

If you live in Allegheny County: http://www.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/firearms.html

If you live in Washington County: http://www.co.washington.pa.us/Faq.aspx?QID=143

You will need:

  1. Identification – (A CURRENT Pennsylvania Drivers License OR a CURRENT Pennsylvania Identification Card)
    NOTE: The primary and secondary identification MUST have the same address on both.
  2. Two References – ( MUST include FULL Name, FULL Address & Phone Number; CANNOT be family member and MUST live in Pennsylvania.)


This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Where to apply for a Pennsylvania license to carry firearms in Southwestern Pennsyvania?

  1. John says:

    Thank you Ace, that was very helpful.

  2. John D. says:

    If you are politically active, I’d suggest you use the name of your state rep and state senator (assuming you’re lucky enough to live in a pro-gun district). When my renewal comes up in a year or so, I’m going to present Sherrif Mullen (another assumption. He could lose!) with both Sherrif Held and Sherrif Slupe as references. This “character and reputation” clause in Title 18 is complete bullshit. For most Pennsylvanians, its not an issue (my last license was issued in Cambria county, and I didn’t even have to provide references), but in Allegheny County and Philadelphia County, its a real PITA.

    If you are not politically active, why not? Visit us at http://www.foac-pac.org. If you like what you see, join us in our efforts.

  3. Bernie Dlugonski says:

    I recently moved into Beaver county, I’ve been here just over a month. I was a resident of Allegheny county when I lived at my last residence. My question is, where do I apply for my concealed weapons permit? Beaver county states you must reside in Beaver county for 90 days before applying. So do I go back to the Allegheny county sheriff’s department even though I reside in Beaver county? Your help in answering my question would be greatly appreciated!

  4. Arthur Hupe says:

    Since our world has become so unstable along the lines of political and religious lines as well as the increase in the drug trade and individual financial needs it would be advantages to issues an automatic permit for retired police officers for a period of five years after they retire ( under normal conditions ). There work history being the basic requirement for qualifying condition . This would put persons of 25 years of experience out on the streets making a potential actor much less secure into a unlawful act in which they might be considering. This would almost place twice the amount of police on our . streets. At no cost to the public,except for the availability of F.O.P. legal assistance should it be needed.This permit should be valid through out the U.S.A. excepting airlines and trains

  5. L White says:

    I would like to apply for a concealed weapons permit. How much does it cost, payment forms, & the address of the location-I have lived in Washington, PA for over 5 years. I know I’ll need my DL & there will be a background check which won’t be a problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

  6. Michael Hayes says:

    Do I need a permit to carry my 9mm when riding my quad on private property, I won it at a gun bash and I see coyote’s on occasion while riding

    • admin says:

      Hi Michael,
      I think you should contact an attorney. Or you may want to contact the FOAC. https://foac-pac.org/Contact-Us They are very knowledgeable.
      I would say to error on caution and get a permit. The problem is once you get on a registered motor vehicle the firearm is considered concealed. If it’s on your own private property that may protect you.

      Ace Sporting Goods
      462 Washington Rd
      Washington, PA 15301
      (800) 660-5470
      (724) 222-5492 Fax


  7. Trey says:

    I have my license for Beaver County, but it has expired. Now i live in Allegheny… What are the steps i should take from here?

  8. Lucky says:

    What if i don’t have any references for getting a license, what do i do then?

  9. Alicia says:

    I would like to kno how much a license yo carry is i live in allegheny county

  10. Sarathi says:

    Couple of questions:
    1. Will a PA Photo ID and two references be sufficient for a PA LTCF?

    2. Will said photo ID be sufficient authorization to purchase firearms (or AR-15 lower receivers) in PA despite out of state residence?

    3. Does acquisition of a PA Photo ID require the surrender of an out-of-state driver’s license? I ask because in PA for school, and not in the position to declare full PA residency just yet.

    Thanks in advance for all your help.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *